If you’ve seen Ted Lasso then you know about Biscuits with the Boss. Each morning Ted Lasso brings his boss a small pink box of freshly baked butter shortbread biscuits in order to bond. This recipe is a recreation of Ted Lasso’s Biscuit Recipe. All you need for this recipe is 5 ingredients for perfectly buttery, crunchy little bars of joy. With the main ingredient being butter, and the fact that they are so simple to make, we love using our Homemade Butter Recipe for the biscuits. They also make adorably tasty gifts in these little pink boxes!
How to Make Buttery Shortbread Biscuits
Step 1: Begin by creaming 1/2 cup of unsalted butter and 1/4 cup of granulated sugar by hand or in a stand mixer for 3-5 minutes. (Note: room temperature butter is essential for the recipe to make sure the biscuits come out the correct texture)
Step 2: Add the vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and about 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour. Keep the mixer at a low speed until the dough begins to form.
Step 3: Grease a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper. Use your hands to press the dough into the pan until evenly spread out. Chill the dough in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350. (Note: you can use a different sized pan just keep in mind the bake times may vary. We use a loaf pan because it creates the perfect length for the biscuits)
Step 4: Let the biscuits bake for 30 minutes or until the top is a nice golden color. Slice the biscuits into 8 even slices then allow to cool completely in the pan.
Step 5: Sprinkle with some powdered sugar (optional) and enjoy!
Buttery Shortbread Biscuits from Ted Lasso
- 8×4 loaf pan
- Stand Mixer (optional)
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter room temp, see notes
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar see notes
- 1¼ cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- pinch Salt
- Cut the room temperature butter into small chunks.
- Using a whisk, electric mixer, or a stand mixer, cream the butter and granulated sugar for 3-5 minutes until smooth and creamy. Note: This recipe is not overly sweet, if you enjoy a sweeter shortbread I suggest doubling the sugar to ½ a cup.
- Add the vanilla extract, pinch of salt, and all-purpose flour. Continue to mix until a crumbly dough starts to form.
- Use your hands to combine the dough together into a smooth mound.
- Grease an 8×4 loaf pan (for more biscuits double the recipe and use a 9×9 baking pan) and line with parchment paper, then press the dough down into the pan into an even layer. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350° while the dough is chilling. After the dough has finished chilling bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden in color.
- Remove from the oven and slice into 8 even slices then allow to cool completely in the pan.
- Sprinkle with some powdered sugar (optional) and enjoy!