Oatmeal Breakfast Bars are incredibly simple and delicious! They’re perfect for nutritious on the go breakfasts and snacks. They’re so easy to make and are completely customizable. They take about 25 minutes to bake, and about 15 minutes to cool. Each batch makes about 8 bars.
What are Oatmeal Bars?
These Oatmeal Breakfast Bars are basically a tray of baked oatmeal and feel like an upgraded granola bar. They’re great for meal-prepping breakfasts, snacks, or a healthy dessert. And everyone loves them! This recipe is completely customizable and doesn’t require much time or effort. You can eat them hot or cold, and they’re freezable if you want to make multiple batches!
Customizations and Storage
The main essential ingredients in these bars are oat flour, honey, peanut butter, a banana, and milk.
If you don’t have any oat flour, don’t fret, it’s super simple to make your own! All you have to do is put your oats into a blender, and blend until it’s very fine, like flour!
To make these bars vegan oat bars you can sub out the honey for maple syrup, and use non-dairy milk.
Peanut butter can of course be subbed out for almond butter, or any other one of your favorite nut butters.
And for the best part, mix-ins! This recipe calls for chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, and coconut flakes. You can add more, or switch them out for anything you like. Walnuts add a great crunch, however, you can sub them out for any nuts you have on hand. I personally love coconut and chocolate, but you can use fresh or dried fruits, white chocolate, or anything really!
These oatmeal bars can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days! You can also prep multiple batches and store them in the freezer. Either wrap and freeze them individually or freeze the whole batch in an airtight container. Just take them out the night before to thaw out or pop one in the microwave for a delicious treat!
Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- 9×9 Baking Pan
- Medium Bowl
- 1 Banana overripe
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Coconut Flakes
- 1 tbsp Chocolate Chips
- ½ tbsp Cinnamon optional
- ½ tbsp Coconut Oil optional
- Mash 1 overripe banana in a medium bowl. Add honey, peanut butter, and vanilla extract, then mix thoroughly. Then add milk and oat flour, and combine well.
- Mix in walnuts, chocolate chips, and coconut flakes. Add any other mix-ins you like, now!
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a 9×9 pan and gently pour in the batter, then bake for about 20 minutes. Then allow to cool down for 10-15 minutes.
- Make the chocolate drizzle by adding chocolate chips, cinnamon, and coconut oil to a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds then mix.
- Drizzle the chocolate all over the cooled oats. Slice and serve warm or store in an airtight container.